12 reasons why we love Lupita Nyong'o
There are way more than 12 reasons why we, like the rest of the world, are obsessed with the stunning Lupita Nyong'o. She won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in her debut role as Patsy in the movie 12 Years A Slave and she's captured the hearts of millions of fans around the world including all of us at Dancing In My Heels.
Here's why we love her so dearly:
1. She is proudly African. Lupita was born in Mexico but she returned to Kenya with her family at the age of 1. We love the fact that she doesn't have a fake accent and she speaks Spanish!
2. Her Oscar speech was so moving, she made everyone cry including Brad Pitt, Benedict Cumberbatch and Jamie Foxx.
3. She is a style icon. Lupita is one of the most watched celebrities on the red carpet. She's not afraid to experiment with colours and she always looks perfect at every event.
4. She has the most amazing figure.
5. She has flawless skin and has been named the new face of Lancome.
6. She has a gorgeous smile and the cutest laugh.
7. She is the epitome of class. Jared Leto told Ellen that Lupita was too classy to leave the Oscars after-party with him.
8. She takes selfies with celebs and Instagram's them like a starstruck fan.
9. She introduced herself to Leonardo DiCaprio at the Golden Globes and told him she's been a fan since Romeo and Juliet.
10. She grew up watching Step by Step, Full House, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Hangin' with Mr Cooper and Friends.
11. She opened up about her insecurities with being dark skinned and how she overcame it to realise her beauty inside and out.
12. She was so excited to reach a million followers she screamed with joy.
See the video on Facebook